Monday, June 21, 2010

Excursion + Movie (The Karate Kid)


Friday (18/06/2010), I took leave to spend some quality time with the girls. Naomi & Natasha’s childcare have organized an excursion to Jurong Birds Park. It has been ages since I last went there. I’ve included Dinah & Cora for the trip. I wanted it to be our time but I need an extra pair of hands to handle Natasha.

It was a good opportunity for me to recollect my childhood memory as well as to spend some joyous time with them.

It was raining quite heavily in the morning. I was still concerned about the trip. I was thinking that we might not see the birds at all, if it continues raining.

Thank god, it was all shine and bright when we reached the destination. We went to the amphitheater to see the birds performing various acts. Dinah & Naomi just watch in awe at the performance but Natasha was overwhelming excited and keeps volunteering her for the acts. Thank god, they never picked her since she’s too young….

After the performance, we have picnic lunch, and later we just explored the bird park by foot. Later we took the tram ride for an overview of the bird park. The last destination is the water play, the kids’ favorite.

It was while they are splashing the water and playing wildly, do I then get to rest a while. I find it more tiring then working. Working is mentally tiring but this is physically tiring.

They got to play for 45 min then changed and headed home. The aftermath was abit chaotic and I helped to look after some of the kids - too little adults and an overwhelming of kids.

Suddenly, I find myself looking after Naomi’s friends too, especially one of the boy. I find him quite poor thing, so lonely, so I keep him company and look after him…..

We are so exhausted that we all collapsed in the bus. Back home, I’ve to rush again, as I’m meeting Huijun for movie.

We went to Vivo City for dinner & movie. We watched the 11.45pm movie. We picked “Karate Kid”.

Both of us realized that Jackie Chan’s movie mostly is a fusion of East meets west and comedy action. Basically, it was about Jaden Smith moving to China with his mum. While in China, he offended a thug (school bullying), and coincidentally Jackie Chan saved him from one of the bullying.

While trying to help Jaden Smith to settle the dispute with the thugs, it ended up with Jaden Smith joining the Kung Fu competition.

So Jackie Chan faced with an uphill task of training Jaden Smith for the competition. Quite a hilarious movie that we enjoy….

By the time I reached home, I was dead beat, really drained off all my energy….


No comments: